org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Internal Server Error

I have done integration of Solr with Liferay. May colleague informed me that he was getting below error frequently. So I was looking for a solution of below error since last few days. But could not find the solution. I tried tuning parameters of Solr configuration, ran load test. But as usual could not reproduce error. But at last after 2 weeks, I found the clue.

Solution:
Of course,   I saw log file at Solr too when above error occurred in Liferay. But I did not notice the time zone difference, which both applications were running. Anyway, now I checked for the error at Solr side and found below error at Solr.

Finally I got some clue. It may happened that Solr was busy running any commit operation and at the same time another commit operation has been fired by Liferay. Bydefault "writeLockTimeout" value is 1 second. So already running transaction took more than 1 sec and hence Liferay generated error saying "Internal Server Error".
So now I have set "writeLockTimeout" value to 10 sec. I hope none of the commit transaction will take atleast 10 secs.


1 comment: